For applicants to effectively introduce and market themselves to employers—as well as showcase their education, experience, and skills—a Curriculum Vitae is a crucial document.
A well-crafted and visually striking resume serves as a strong foundation for applicants to land the job they've always wanted. But it's not a simple task to do it. You'll be more aggressive in approaching companies if you read this article, which will also help you grasp the contents of a Curriculum Vitae and how to write one properly.
1. What is a Curriculum Vitae?
A curriculum vitae (CV) is a written document that provides an overview of a job applicant's background, education, training, and employment history. It's used to apply for employment and give businesses vital information.
Curriculum Vitae provides important information to employers
2. What documents are included in a Curriculum Vitae?
So what does a Curriculum Vitae include? A complete application set usually includes the following types of documents:
- Curriculum vitae (signed and confirmed by local agency).
- Job application form (can be handwritten or typed).
- Candidates can submit their CV in PDF format via email to the employer.
- Authenticated copies of personal documents such as ID card or CCCD card, birth certificate.
- Notarized copies of degrees and certificates related to the position applied for.
- Health certificate (valid within 6 months).
- Four portraits.
3. Instructions for writing a professional Curriculum Vitae
Employers will view resumes that are factual, thorough, and professionally formatted as having the content that candidates wish to communicate. What is the accepted format for a Curriculum Vitae, then? You can write a professional CV more quickly and easily if you follow these guidelines.
A curriculum vitae is a document summarizing the writer's personal information, education and work history. It is often used when applying for a job or studying, introducing the candidate's skills and expertise to employers or training institutions.
When writing your resume, you need to provide accurate and complete information. This includes:
- Personal information: Full name, gender, date of birth, ID card number and other information on the ID card.
Current place of permanent residence registration.
Current residence (house number, street, ward, district, city).
Place of origin (if different from current place of residence).
- Ethnicity and religion: Clearly state ethnicity and religion (or write "none" if not religious).
- Educational level: Includes educational level, major, and degrees achieved.
- Foreign language proficiency: Record certificates or foreign language proficiency, if any.
- History: Description of school, work, and social activities.
- Rewards and discipline: Clearly state rewards received with dates, and also record disciplinary cases (if any).
- Note that the information in the resume needs to be accurate and verified by the local agency.
A job application, or application, is a document or form that a person sends to an employer to apply for a job position in an organization or business. This is an important part of the recruitment process, helping candidates introduce themselves, their skills, experience and motivation for applying for a job.
This form is usually handwritten or typed to express your desire and desire to work, as well as prove that you are the most suitable candidate for the position. The basic layout of the job application form is as follows:
"The Socialist Republic of Vietnam; Independence - Freedom - Happiness"
Title "Job application or job application"
Dear (name the recipient, position, and company name).
Introduce yourself and specify the position you want to apply for.
- The body:
List your strengths and weaknesses.
Describe experience and skills suitable for the position applied for.
Present the reasons why the company should choose you.
Ask for an interview appointment tactfully.
Express your thanks.
Family registry book (certified copy)
An essential record attesting to the candidate's residential address and familial structure is the household registration book. Employers typically request a copy of the candidate's household registration book in order to verify the candidate's residential address and ascertain the candidate's familial ties.
You can submit a copy of your household registration book with your job application, but if you are hired, you will need to get an original notarized by a notary. You must carefully read the instructions on creating a household registration book to make sure you meet each company's needs, as they vary depending on their particulars.
Identity card/citizen identification card (notarized copy)
Identity card (ID card) or citizen identification card (CCCD) are personal documents, documents proving the identity and nationality of citizens in a country. These documents will provide information about background, hometown, gender, nationality, permanent residence, etc. In job applications, identification documents help verify identity and provide information. personal accuracy about the candidate.
CV for job application
Nowadays, there are many websites and tools to help create a CV suitable for the job position you want to apply for. CV templates often include the following basic information:
- Personal information: Includes full name, date of birth, phone number, email address and current residential address.
- Career goals: Briefly describe your career goals, the direction of the work you want to do.
- Education: Information about educational qualifications, including degrees, certificates and courses related to the position applied for.
- Work experience: Information about the jobs and projects you have participated in, as well as previous positions and working time at each place.
- Skills: The technical and soft skills you have, like languages, communication skills, time management, and more.
- Hobbies: Personal activities and interests can highlight your personality and interests, helping to add a personal touch to your CV.
It is needed to provide complete information on the CV
Birth certificate (notarized copy)
In your job application, you can provide the employer with a notarized copy of your birth certificate to help verify information. This ensures the reliability of the personal information you provide to employers.
Health certificate (under 6 months)
A candidate's health certificate is a crucial record to confirm their present state of health. Additionally, a health certificate guarantees that you may work at the organization in a way that is health-wise.
Double-sided A4 paper and double (four-sided) A3 paper are the two varieties of health examination papers that are currently available. The prerequisites for various sectors and the particular employment position determine what is required for a health certificate. All employers do, however, demand that the certificate be validated by a medical facility and have a six-month validity period.
Relevant certificates if any
A qualified authority must copy and verify degrees and certificates, including those in computer technology, foreign languages, college, university, and intermediate studies. In addition to being a prerequisite for specific relevant positions, this serves as a means of confirming the veracity of the data included in CVs, resumes, and job applications.
Profile photo (3x4 or 4x6)
Portrait photos are often placed on covers and resumes. Through images, employers can have a more general and impressive view of you. During the job application process, employers often request 3×4 or 4×6 size photos for use in resumes, employee cards or other documents.
4. Frequently asked questions about job applications
Below are some frequently asked questions from candidates regarding current job applications.
How many documents do you need to prepare when applying for a job?
The number of documents needed to prepare when applying for a job often depends on the specific requirements of each company or job position you are applying for.
You may need more than one set of resumes to provide more suitable employers to have more job opportunities for you. Usually you should prepare 3 - 5 sets of documents to use for different interviews, making sure you always have documents available to send to the company of interest.
Where to buy Curriculum vitae?
A basic Curriculum vitae package can be purchased online, in photocopy shops, or from bookstores. It includes an autobiographical CV and a handwritten application without statements. After that, you must enter all necessary data.
Additional documents, including resumes, identity documents, household registration books, birth certificates, and health certificates, must be self-photocopied and notarized in accordance with legal standards and business specifications. The accuracy and legality of the documents you submit with your job application are guaranteed by this process.
Does a Curriculum vitae need to be notarized?
Whether or not a job application needs to be notarized depends on each company's regulations and applicable laws. Below are some types of documents that you may need to photocopy and notarize, including:
- Autobiographical resume.
- Birth certificate.
- Identity card or citizen identification card.
- Registration book.
- Graduation degrees (University degree, College degree, high school graduation,...).
- Health examination certificate (may not need to be notarized but requires confirmation from the hospital performing the health examination).
Read more: https://navigossearch.com/compilation-of-30-common-interview-questions-and-strategies-for-smart-responses
5. How to properly organize your Curriculum vitae
Starting from the company's job description, you need to focus on collecting and selecting the necessary personal information to include in your job application. The most important thing is to clearly understand the company's requirements for information, experience, and appropriate professional skills for the position applied for. In particular, choosing references also needs to be carefully considered and presented in your resume.
Nhà tuyển dụng sẽ không có quá nhiều thời gian để xem xét toàn bộ hồ sơ của bạn. Vì thế, bạn cần tạo được điểm nhấn ấn tượng cho hồ sơ của mình bằng cách tập trung vào các điểm nổi bật của mình và sáng tạo hồ sơ theo cách riêng. Tuy nhiên cần đảm bảo đầy đủ thông tin mà không bị rườm rà.
Nhà tuyển dụng luôn đánh giá cao những ứng viên trình bày logic, xúc tích, có sử dụng số liệu và thành quả cụ thể. Điều này sẽ giúp hồ sơ xin việc có độ tin cậy cao.
Write simply and concisely
Before sending your resume to the employer, you need to check spelling and grammar errors to ensure that all information in the resume is complete and accurate. Avoid using unclear words or special symbols; Instead, keep it short, clear, and concise.
Write short and concise information
6. Things to note when preparing Curriculum vitae
When making a job application, remember these points:
- Customize for each organization and business: Adjust your profile according to the company's requirements and culture to stand out to employers.
- Verify information: Ensure accuracy of qualifications and experience, attach notarized copies to increase reliability.
- Check spelling and grammar errors: Avoid unnecessary errors by checking thoroughly.
- Attach a professional headshot: If necessary, use an official headshot with a serious appearance, avoid selfies or unprofessional photos.
- Use appropriate fonts and typefaces: Choose fonts that are easy to read and professional, avoid using overly complicated typefaces.
Mid- and senior-level job opportunities at Navigos Search
A professional and meticulous application will help you easily attract the attention of employers. Don't hesitate to send your resume to Navigos Search for the opportunity to quickly achieve the quality job position you always desire with the most attractive salary today.
Based on the candidate's capabilities and experience along with a deep understanding of the labor market, Navigos Search consultants will find the most suitable employer for you. Besides, Navigos Search, part of Navigos Group, is the owner of VietnamWorks, the recruitment website with the highest traffic in Vietnam.
With over 375,000 executive level candidates and over 5,000,000 registered recruiters, this database helps Navigos Search's recruitment experts support candidates in every field.
Mid- and senior-level job opportunities at Navigos Search
Navigos Search - Vietnam's leading mid- and high-level talent hunting company, with more than 20 years of experience, has daily offered thousands of job opportunities to millions of registered professionals and provided recruitment solutions. applied to hundreds of thousands of businesses nationwide. Navigos Search's large database of experienced candidates and trusted employers is an unlimited asset in today's competitive recruitment market in Vietnam.
Above are the processes and instructions to help you complete the documents in your job application. We hope that the information shared here will help you clearly understand what a job application includes as well as refer to and understand how to prepare a quality job application to impress employers. Don't forget to contact or visit Navigos Search to find the latest job opportunities with high salaries, with a team of reputable and quality companies
Navigos Search - The leading headhunting brand for mid - and senior - level in Vietnam