7 steps to find talent for the position of C&B specialist
The steps to find talent for the position of C&B specialist below will help businesses shorten the time of seeking excellent candidates
Businesses always focus on every personnel-related position as it's the core factor determining success. Notably, the C&B specialist position is a highly-expected one. How to find talent for the position of C&B specialist is the concern of businesses. Therefore, Navigos Search will give you effective recruitment steps.
1. Outline a detailed job description
The job description is the most critical element in job recruitment. A detailed job description should include the duties that need to be performed. If you write a general description, the candidate will not understand the work to be done, and it will take time for both. Therefore, describe it specifically to screen unsuitable candidates effectively and improve the chances of finding outstanding candidates.
A C&B specialist will have to perform the following basic tasks:
- Check, and supervise the timekeeping and the rules implemented by employees in accordance with the enterprise's regulations
- Calculate and make salary payments and bonus expenditures to staff
- Store, organize, update, and preserve payroll-related records and documents
- Monitor, update data, and complete insurance documents and procedures for employees in accordance with regulations
- Propose policies on salary, reward, and enterprise's regulations.
- Update the legal provisions on regimes, policies, and salaries to supplement and amend the company's regimes and policies in accordance with the provisions of law.
- Resolve disciplinary and severance contracts for employees
- Clear up queries on salary policy and other related issues
- Report work to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
What is a C&B specialist?
2. Offer a competitive salary
Salary is a significant factor in determining whether a candidate is applying for a C&B position. Recruiters should take advantage of this to attract potential candidates who want to find a job with a high income. A C&B specialist currently receives a salary of VND 10 - 20 million/month. The level of income varies depending on the number of years of experience in the profession and the size of the company.
In addition, recruiters should give an equal or higher number compared to the one mentioned above to find successful candidates. However, your company cannot follow the high salary to recruit talented candidates. Instead, mention the professional and dynamic working environment, periodic salary increase regime, high promotion opportunities, etc.
3. Use the company website to attract talent
The company website is one of the effective recruitment channels. Make sure your company's website looks professional with a clear vision, growth prospects, fundamental values, and a positive work culture. The promotional information about the image, reputation, and company's success is also the motivation for candidates to choose your company as a place to develop a long-term career. Remember to provide candidates a link to have a direct application for the position of C&B specialist.
4. Recruit online via social networks
The rapid development of the internet helps recruiters have an effective and economical online recruitment channel. Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are popular social networks accessed regularly by users to update information and find career opportunities. Recruiters can post job vacancies for C&B specialists on these platforms to efficiently reach myriads of suitable candidates.
Recruit online via social networks
5. Prepare a set of interview questions
After the resume selection step, the interview is a face-to-face meeting and detailed exchange between the recruiter and the candidate. Therefore, the set of interview questions plays a prime role in determining the effectiveness of the interview process. With more than 20 years of experience in recruiting middle and senior-level personnel, we advise you to refer to the following set of interview questions for C&B specialists:
- What critical responsibilities must C&B specialists undertake?
- What skill is most important to a C&B specialist?
- What are the challenges that C&B professionals may face? How did you get over it?
- What do you know about the company's compensation for employees?
- Our company is considering adding an incentive policy for excellent employees. Do you have any ideas?
- How do you build employee benefits and regimes?
- Can you name any payroll software or applications you know?
- What do you need to do to adapt and develop yourself when the field of C&B constantly changes?
- What are your weaknesses? Do they have any impact on C&B work?
- Why did you apply for this position?
- Why did you leave your last job?
6. Verify information, select candidates based on recruitment criteria
Each position will have specific recruitment requirements. When applying for a C&B specialist, candidates must be well-trained at universities with majors in human resource management, finance, accounting, and banking with at least 2-3 years of experience in an equivalent position. In addition, they must also understand the Labor Law, the Law on Social Insurance and Personal Income Tax, and some other qualities such as enthusiasm for the profession, awareness of the difficulties at work, proficiency in office information, meticulousness, good communication, and excellent problem-solving skills.
Based on these factors, recruiters will make the final decision to select the most suitable and qualified candidate for the position of C&B specialist.
Select candidates based on recruitment criteria
7. Use headhunting service if you don’t have the optimal solution
If your business still can’t find suitable and qualified candidates after applying the above methods. In addition, self-employment can also be at risk because of choosing the unsuitable one. To recruit quickly, efficiently, and, accurately, businesses can use the service of Navigos Search - the most prestigious headhunter company nowadays
Our headhunters are leading recruitment experts who are knowledgeable about the labor market and deeply understand each core industry. Based on the unique characteristics of each business, we will search for the most suitable candidate.
Furthermore, with the data of 375,000+ senior candidates and 85,000+ senior management candidates available with the optimal recruitment solution, we commit to filling all vacancies in your business.