Are you passionate about accounting? Are you looking for a job as a debt accountant? However, you still do not fully understand the concept, duties, requirements as well as the promotion route of this position? So don't hesitate anymore, follow Navigos Search to get all these questions answered through the article below!
1. What is accounting liability? Who is the debt accountant?
A debt accountant is a person responsible for managing and tracking a business's debts, which can be a transaction that the business needs to pay or a transaction that the business is paid for. For small and medium-sized operating units, the general accountant will take on the task of tracking debts, while for large-scale enterprises, there will be a separate title called debt accountant.
The debt accountant is the person responsible for tracking the debts of the business
2. The scope of work of a debt accountant
The scope of work of this position in each company and business is different, but in general they all have to do the following tasks:
- Manage and ensure complete and accurate documents and contracts, monitor payment progress in each contract.
- Monitor receipts, payments, advances and regular fund checks.
- Prepare reports on internal debt balance periodically or at the request of the line manager.
- Accurately calculate arising debts to make debt notices (internal and customer).
- Perform cash collection and payment, cash advance periodically to compare cash balance with cashier.
- Develop a plan to collect debts from customers, analyze and propose a plan to recover overdue debts, bad debts,...
- Coordinate with departments to collect debts on time.
- Push, make payment of due debts with suppliers, propose plans to superiors if enterprises are having difficulty in settling debts.
- Present opinions to the Chief Accountant on the level and schedule of debt payment to customers.
- Propose measures to collect debt more effectively and optimally.
3. Prerequisites to become a professional debt accountant
This position plays a very important role, affecting the existence and development of the business. Therefore, to become a good debt accountant, you must meet the following prerequisites:
Strong accounting and professional knowledge
If you do not have much experience in this field, try to build and master accounting knowledge to perform the tasks well. With solid knowledge, you will organize documents, determine debts, prepare reports, ... easily.
You also need to be proficient in professional skills to easily recognize and track the debts of each customer. In addition, good professional skills also help you to accurately calculate, properly offset debts between customers and know how to make reports when receiving requests from the line managers.
Candidates need to have solid knowledge and expertise
Proficient in the use of computers
The accounting profession always requires candidates to be proficient in using computers, specifically Excel, popular accounting software such as: MISA, FAST, LINQ, EFFECT, QuickBooks... to process data and reports as well as to work faster, more accurately and more efficiently.
Good organizational and analytical skills
The job section has shown that this position is always busy with many responsibilities to perform. Therefore, you need a system to track debt collection, completion deadlines, remaining debts,... to ensure the good completion of all tasks. You can use support tools such as calendars, planners, notes, ... to organize everything well. In addition, a good analytical ability will help you make the most reasonable and optimal decision in handling debts between customers and sellers, businesses and partners.
Good communication skills, flexible handling of situations
As a debt accountant, effective communication skills will help you build lasting, good relationships with colleagues and customers. Thereby increasing work productivity and supporting future advancement. At the same time, you should also practice flexible problem-solving skills to avoid bad situations and behave skillfully during debt collection.
Being responsible, honest and meticulous
High work ethic, responsibility is an important factor when taking on the position of debt accountant. Because if there is no passion, no responsibility for the job, you cannot "survive" this profession. Because the nature of the job is to work directly with money, honesty is also a top priority in recruiting a debt accountant. If you are not honest, no one will assign you the role of managing debts.
You need to hone many important skills
4. What is the salary and career path for a debt accountant?
Every profession has a standard salary. The position of debt accountant will also vary depending on the capacity, experience of each person, the size and financial status of each business. But in general, for people with 1-3 years of experience, the salary is about 8-10 million VND/month. The salary can even be up to 9-12 million VND/month for candidates working in large enterprises and corporations. Besides, there are other attractive benefits such as high bonus, 13th month salary, insurance, travel,...
Normally, the promotion route of the debt accountant position is as follows: debt accountant → general accountant → chief accountant → senior management position, financial expert → Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Progression is fast or slow, depending on the efforts of each person.
You can learn and gain experience by participating in the audit field, an information technology course to support accounting, practice skills, ... to shorten your career development path. Possessing a progressive spirit, constant efforts and goals, a clear promotion path will help you to succeed.
5. How to quickly find debt accountant jobs?
If you are looking for debt accountant jobs in Ho Chi Minh City or different locations, quickly visit Navigossearch.com to search and select suitable job postings. You just need to prepare a perfect CV, Navigos Search will select and notify you as soon as there is suitable recruitment information for debt accountant jobs in Ho Chi Minh City.
If you do not know how to create an impressive CV or are too busy with many other issues, Navigos Search experts will help you get the most perfect CV.
A team of consultant experts help candidates find jobs quickly
Navigos Search's consulting team are recruitment experts with extensive knowledge and practical experience. Not only that, they are also knowledgeable about a variety of fields and industries, so in the process of working, you will have the best choice for the job in the future.
Based on the candidate's capacity and experience, the labor market situation and strict recruitment process, Navigos Search's experts will conduct a search and discuss the suitable working environment and position with candidates.
The recruitment process of Navigos Search is as follows:
- Step 1 → Search and filter candidates: Navigos Search searches and filters qualified candidates that match the recruitment requirements of the enterprise.
- Step 2 → Face-to-face interview: Navigos Search conducts an interview to assess the candidate's capacity as well as listen to the needs and expectations of the candidate.
- Step 3 → Support customer interviews: Navigos Search provides a list of potential candidates for businesses after thorough evaluation. We will accompany the company and the candidate to provide additional support throughout the interview process.
- Step 4 → Reference check: Official and unofficial reference check will be conducted.
- Step 5 → Support in negotiation and job offer: Navigos Search acts as a bridge to negotiate and advise on salary and benefits. After the candidate receives the invitation letter and confirms the participation, the vacancy will be closed.
- Step 6 → Follow up on recruitment: Follow up with candidates for achieving success after joining the company.
Submit your CV and look for jobs at Navigos Search, even if you don't get the job you want at the moment, you don't need to worry. Headhunters will keep records of potential candidates and assist in finding the most suitable job when the opportunities open. Accordingly, the most suitable and best job opportunities in the future are always open, helping you to achieve further and longer-term goals.
Besides, with 375,000+ senior candidates, 85,000+ senior management level candidates available and optimal recruitment solutions, Navigos Search is also the number 1 "talent hunter" in Vietnam today and the first choice of enterprises when there is a need to recruit mid-level and high-level personnel.
With over 20 years of experience, we are proud to have accompanied hundreds of thousands of businesses, helping them get the best quality human resources and accompanying millions of candidates across Vietnam to get their dream job within a hand reach.
The number 1 middle and high-level talent hunting company in Vietnam today
Right now, if you are looking for a job or would like to be notified about a position that matches your skills and ambition, please quickly send your CV to Navigos Search to be contacted immediately if there is any suitable information for recruitment. Or if your company is in need of recruiting accountants or any other position, please contact us to get the most potential candidates.
Navigos Search always strives to provide support for candidates and businesses to reach their dreams through the number 1 professional recruitment service in Vietnam!
Navigos Search - Vietnam's leading
middle and high-level talent hunting company